Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back on the horse... er, um... treadmill

I had a dentist appointment yesterday. I have been on "bedrest" (couch-rest really) for the past 3 weeks and going to a dentist appointment and lunch wiped me out. It's really becoming clear that I need to use the energy I have to get on the treadmill every day. That's the whole point of me doing nothing else. I have to try.

I got on the treadmill today. I could only go for 50 seconds and now I have a headache, but I tried. I'm going to try again tomorrow as long as my migraine is in check.

I had my 3rd acupuncture appointment on Tuesday. This one hurt a little bit. The doctor said that she doesn't see any improvement yet, and we are taking a break for a few weeks. It would be nice if it were helping, but I don't think it is.

It's really my physiology that's messed up. Like clockwork, I'm getting 2-3 migraines a week. I can sit around and do nothing or aggravate my symptoms by being active, but I still get the migraines in the same way at the same times.

This is really proving Dr. Leddy's research. My brain and my circulation are off and not working together properly. It's so amazing that he's able to figure this stuff out. Hopefully with the rest from everything else in life, I can concentrate on doing the treadmill and maybe it will get my system back to what it needs to be.

I'm keeping track of my symptoms and my treadmill activity and I will keep everyone posted. I think the key to this research study is the ability to concentrate fully on rehabilitation without using your energy on other things.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Treadmill might have been a bad idea. I had a migraine again last night. I think I'll wait a few days until I try again.

    ReplyDelete